- 1 When was Mozart’s Symphony No 40 performed?
- 2 What is tempo of Symphony No 40 in G minor K 550?
- 3 What is the meter of Symphony No 40 in G Minor III?
- 4 What is the time signature of Symphony No 40 in G minor?
- 5 What Really Killed Mozart?
- 6 What does Molto Allegro mean?
- 7 What instruments are used in Symphony No 40 in G minor?
- 8 What is the mood of Mozart Symphony No 40?
- 9 Who composed Symphony No 40 in G minor quizlet?
- 10 What is the texture of Mozart?
- 11 What is the tempo of Mozart piano sonata?
- 12 What is heard in the exposition of this sonata?
When was Mozart’s Symphony No 40 performed?
Composition. The date of completion of this symphony is known exactly since Mozart in his mature years kept a full catalog of his completed works; he entered the 40th Symphony into it on 25 July 1788.
What is tempo of Symphony No 40 in G minor K 550?
Key of G Minor 40 in G Minor, K. 550: I. Molto allegro [Theme] by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is in the key of G Minor. It should be played at a tempo of 104 BPM.
What is the meter of Symphony No 40 in G Minor III?
Returning to the dark main key of G minor, the imperious minuet that follows begins with a striking hemiola: the melody is written as if the meter is 2/4, while the accompaniment is in the 3/4 meter one would expect from a minuet.
What is the time signature of Symphony No 40 in G minor?
Fast molto allegro in a 4/4 time signature. Clear pulse which is easy to follow. Opening has a quaver accompaniment in the violas and on-beat crotchet bass notes from the basses.
What Really Killed Mozart?
550, symphony by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Composed in 1788, it is one of only two symphonies he wrote in minor keys and reflects his interest in the artistic movement known as Sturm und Drang (Storm and Stress), in which darker and stronger emotions were showcased.
What does Molto Allegro mean?
The Italian musical phrase molto allegro is an indication to play in a quick, lively tempo; faster than allegro; lit. “ very swift.”
What instruments are used in Symphony No 40 in G minor?
Symphony No. 40 in G Minor, K. 550
- Listen to audio:
- Composed: 1788.
- Length: c. 30 minutes.
- Orchestration: flute, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, and strings.
- First Los Angeles Philharmonic performance: October 24, 1929, Artur Rodzinski conducting.
What is the mood of Mozart Symphony No 40?
40 in G minor dwells in that emotional ambivalence and wistfulness a bit more than any of the others, making it a more bitter-sweet expression of Mozart’s inexhaustible genius.
Who composed Symphony No 40 in G minor quizlet?
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Symphony no. 40 in G minor, First Movement.
What is the texture of Mozart?
Texture. The music starts with a two part texture, where the violins play the melody and the viola and cello accompany. The violins play in octaves until bar 6 where they go into thirds and sixths. The texture progresses and becomes mostly homophonic.
What is the tempo of Mozart piano sonata?
Allegro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is in the key of C Major. It should be played at a tempo of 132 BPM.
What is heard in the exposition of this sonata?
In sonata form the exposition corresponds to the first part of binary form, the development and recapitulation to the second. The exposition moves from the original key to a new key; the development passes through several keys and the recapitulation returns to the original key.