- 1 When did Mozart write Symphony 40?
- 2 Who composed Symphony No 40 in G minor quizlet?
- 3 Who composed Symphony No 40?
- 4 What instruments are used in Symphony No 40 in G minor?
- 5 What killed Mozart?
- 6 Is Symphony No 40 in G minor homophonic?
- 7 Is Mozart’s Symphony No 40 homophonic?
- 8 What is unusual about the key of the second movement of Mozart’s Symphony No 40 in G minor quizlet?
- 9 What meter is Symphony No 40?
- 10 How old is Mozart today?
- 11 What is the mood of Mozart Symphony No 40?
When did Mozart write Symphony 40?
Who composed Symphony No 40 in G minor quizlet?
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Symphony no. 40 in G minor, First Movement.
Who composed Symphony No 40?
550, symphony by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Composed in 1788, it is one of only two symphonies he wrote in minor keys and reflects his interest in the artistic movement known as Sturm und Drang (Storm and Stress), in which darker and stronger emotions were showcased.
What instruments are used in Symphony No 40 in G minor?
Symphony No. 40 in G Minor, K. 550
- Listen to audio:
- Composed: 1788.
- Length: c. 30 minutes.
- Orchestration: flute, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, and strings.
- First Los Angeles Philharmonic performance: October 24, 1929, Artur Rodzinski conducting.
What killed Mozart?
In short, Beethoven and Mozart did meet. One account that is frequently cited was when Beethoven on a leave of absence from the Bonn Court Orchestra, travelled to Vienna to meet Mozart. The year was 1787, Beethoven was just sixteen-years-old and Mozart was thirty.
Is Symphony No 40 in G minor homophonic?
Other parts uses pedals (sustained notes) and it ends with homophonic texture. Marked soft – p – at the beginning which is unusual for a Classical symphony – the opening is normally loud. Second subject has crescendos. The bridge is then loud – f and has lots of sforzandos.
Is Mozart’s Symphony No 40 homophonic?
Texture. – Mostly homophonic. – Use of imitation and octave doubling (different parts playing the same thing but in a higher range). – Dialogue between woodwind and strings.
What is unusual about the key of the second movement of Mozart’s Symphony No 40 in G minor quizlet?
The second theme has shifted to B flat major and contrasts with the first theme by making use of a CHROMATIC scale. The melody however retains the symmetry of the first theme. Mozart alternates between the woodwinds and the strings. The melody returns, but varied.
What meter is Symphony No 40?
Returning to the dark main key of G minor, the imperious minuet that follows begins with a striking hemiola: the melody is written as if the meter is 2/4, while the accompaniment is in the 3/4 meter one would expect from a minuet.
How old is Mozart today?
(He would be 255 years old today ) Biography: Mozart was born Jan. 27, 1756 in Salzburg, Austria.
What is the mood of Mozart Symphony No 40?
40 in G minor dwells in that emotional ambivalence and wistfulness a bit more than any of the others, making it a more bitter-sweet expression of Mozart’s inexhaustible genius.