- 1 Which of the following most closely describes creativity as it is defined in your book?
- 2 What type of thinking involves fluency and the ability to generate a multitude of ideas from numerous perspectives?
- 3 Which of the following best describes the relationship between creativity and intelligence?
- 4 What is the relationship between creativity and intelligence quizlet?
- 5 What are the five most important characteristics of creative people?
- 6 Is problem solving creative?
- 7 What is critical and creative thinking skills?
- 8 What is developing critical and creative thinking skills?
- 9 Why is it important to use both creative and critical thinking in business?
- 10 Is IQ related to creativity?
- 11 Is creativity the highest form of intelligence?
- 12 Do artists have high IQ?
- 13 What is most likely to interfere with creativity?
- 14 Is the ability to adapt and deal with new problems?
- 15 Which type of thinking is most often associated with creativity?
Which of the following most closely describes creativity as it is defined in your book?
Which of the following most closely characterizes creativity as it is defined in the book? A moment of insight. You just studied 5 terms!
What type of thinking involves fluency and the ability to generate a multitude of ideas from numerous perspectives?
Idea Generation Fluent or prolific thinking refers to the thinkers’ ability to generate a multitude of ideas and concepts. This skill can be encouraged and strengthened through activities involving brainstorming and conceptualization of ideas.
Which of the following best describes the relationship between creativity and intelligence?
Which of the following best describes the relationship between creativity and intelligence? Creativity appears to depend on the ability to think imaginatively and has little if any relationship to intelligence.
What is the relationship between creativity and intelligence quizlet?
– Creativity and general intelligence are related in the sense that highly creative people rarely have below-average IQs. Those with average or above average intelligence, however, are not necessarily creative. An individual can be intelligent but not creative, but a creative individual is also intelligent.
What are the five most important characteristics of creative people?
These are among the five main traits of a creative person according to Munir and you might be surprised that you have all the five:
- They are risk takers. Creative thinkers are risk takers.
- They have the dare to fail attitude.
- They are willing to be different.
- They are impulsive, fickle and change their mind quite often.
Is problem solving creative?
In its purest sense, creativity is problem solving. You have a problem, so you generate ideas to solve the problem. Unfortunately, too often when I ask a team prior to a brainstorm what problem they’re trying to solve, they say there isn’t a problem. People think problems are severe.
What is critical and creative thinking skills?
Critical and creative thinking involves students thinking broadly and deeply using skills, behaviours and dispositions such as reason, logic, resourcefulness, imagination and innovation in all learning areas at school and in their lives beyond school.
What is developing critical and creative thinking skills?
You can help your child develop critical and creative thinking by: encouraging them to explore, be curious, come up with questions and investigate how things work. asking them to think of different ways to solve problems. providing choices of activities that involve planning and decision making.
Why is it important to use both creative and critical thinking in business?
Both creative and critical thinking are essential in the success of a business. Both ways of thinking require elaboration on the problem, which leads to problem solving. Creative thinking can be used to elaborate on the initial problem in order to come up with new solutions.
Below an IQ level of 120, a correlation between IQ and creativity is observed, whereas no correlation is observed at IQ levels above 120. The basic idea of the threshold hypothesis means that high creativity requires high intelligence or above-average intelligence.
Is creativity the highest form of intelligence?
Creativity is the highest form of intelligence because it goes beyond knowledge recall and extends into knowledge creation. Creativity, spontaneity, and problem-solving (often an innovation trigger) are in the upper most triangle of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
Do artists have high IQ?
A new study has concluded that musicians have IQ scores than non-musicians, supporting other recent research that intensive musical training is associated with an elevated IQ score. “Musicians may be particularly good at efficiently accessing and integrating competing information from both hemispheres,” Folley said.
What is most likely to interfere with creativity?
The correct answer is b. This involves failures to see objects as having multiple uses other than the specific purposes for which their inventors or manufacturers devised them, which can interfere with creatively re-deploying or re-purposing an object in some unconventional manner.
Is the ability to adapt and deal with new problems?
ADAPTABILITY – The ability to adapt and respond to changing work situations and environments.
Which type of thinking is most often associated with creativity?
So, for adaptive type of creativity, convergent thinking is more often used than divergent thinking is. Because any creative act ultimately involves a decision, both divergent and convergent thinking are necessary for creativity to operationalize.